Wow, it's been a crazy week packed with deadlines. I just turned in an article that included bios of the lovely editors I interviewed. I jazzed up their bios as I realized that they didn't give themselves enough credit. They both loved the extra OOMPH I added to their bios.
As we approach the long days of summer, it might be a good time to crank the AC, and sit down and revise your bio. As you read through your bio, ask yourself the following questions:
1. Does your bio reflect your true personality and brand?
2. Is your bio basically a regurgitation of your resume?
3. Is it creative and makes people want to learn MORE about you?
4. Does your bio read like boring corporate-speak?
5. Would you hire or interview yourself after reading your bio?
Ask a colleague or friend to review your bio, or hire a copywriter or editor to spruce up your bio. A bio is a highly effective marketing tool that gives people an authentic glimpse behind the curtain.