Thursday, May 3, 2012

Are You Mindfully Present in Your Business?

This week on Organic & Authentic we discuss business and mindfulness. Great discussion and feedback by our group. It made me realize that in order to be an effective business owner, I really need to be mindful and present in my business. Mindfulness relates to being aware of the words I create in emails and what I communicate to my colleagues, clients, and social media followers. I'm also very aware of how yoga and meditation has helped me stay centered and focused throughout my business, and sometimes I need to just step away and take a few deep breaths to clear my head (especially after a long day of sitting at the computer and writing). For example, I'm taking time out of my busy Thursday to take a noon lunch yoga class, which really calms and centers me. It's all about taking the time for ourselves, which only makes us more aware and mindfully-present in our businesses.


“Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” 
― Louis L'Amour

2 comments:

  1. I try to be present for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, J.R.! I try to be present for everything as well. It can be tough, but I do my best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Therese Pope, Copywriter/Content Developer & Digital Buzz-icist

Content Writing & Marketing Tips ** Online Buzz Branding

** Digital & Social Media Strategies