Thursday, July 28, 2011

How Bad Publicity on LinkedIn Can Be Your Business Downfall

As entrepreneurs, how can you grow business yet still stay under the radar? I answer this question on Mike Michalowicz's blog, The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur.  I weigh in on why negativity can hurt your reputation on LinkedIn. A big thanks to Mike for including me as a guest contributor. 

As I have mentioned in previous posts, online reputation management is one of my favorite topics. I've had my share of negative comments and attacks on LinkedIn. I just shake my head when I read these insulting, catty diatribes. How can these people possibly have clients? Why hasn't their competition snatched away business? Based on their comments alone, I wouldn't want to do business with them - not with that kind of negative, disrespectful attitude. It's sad that people resort to such immature behavior in the professional world. LinkedIn is about sharing and helping each other - not cutting down fellow business professionals every chance you get. If you wouldn't say it to your mother, then don't post it on your social media! 

How do stay under the radar while still growing your business? Check out Mike's blog - he offers great business tips including helpful social media information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therese Pope, Copywriter/Content Developer & Digital Buzz-icist

Content Writing & Marketing Tips ** Online Buzz Branding

** Digital & Social Media Strategies