Monday, May 2, 2011

Correction to Original Post - Update on Sohaib Athar's Osama Bin Laden Tweets

Correction May 4, 2011: I want to clarify misinformation that I included in Monday's post. After further research and investigation (thank you to those who included their feedback and input on my LinkedIn group), it is still up in the air whether or not Mr. Athar's tweets are truly legitimate. There are rumors floating around cyberspace that he is a 'CIA plant'. Draw your own conclusion.

Whether you believe Mr. Athar's tweets are legitimate or false, he caused quite a stir on social media nonetheless.  He has turned into quite a global celebrity because of these tweets. Who knows? Maybe it was a publicity stunt. I'll leave that up to my readers to decide. The point behind my original Monday blog post was how these tweets caused quite a stir and shows just how powerful social media can be.

For more information, refer to the following links that give more detail about Mr. Athar's tweets.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Therese Pope, Copywriter/Content Developer & Digital Buzz-icist

Content Writing & Marketing Tips ** Online Buzz Branding

** Digital & Social Media Strategies