This is one of the most comprehensive social media-specific blogs that review web applications, social networking tools, Twitter apps, etc. SocialWebtools- anything and everything you've ever wanted to know about social media tools is right at your cyber fingertips. After browsing this site, I realize I still have a LOT to learn about social media apps. However, this is a great place to start for newbies who don't know anything about social media tools or where to start.
Here are a few tips to consider when downloading social media apps.
- Make sure you are actually going to USE the app and think about if the tools/apps will really save you time with your social media goals.
- Search online for more information about the apps to see if they are a good fit for you and your business.
- Don't jump on the apps bandwagon. Just because everyone is downloading trendy apps to their iPhone doesn't mean it's the best tool to use for your business goals.
- Don't duplicate tools or apps - there are many apps that do the same exact thing so pick and choose accordingly.
- You don't have to spend hundreds on apps - there are plenty of free apps online so don't think you have to spend a ton of money for useful apps.
- Be careful when downloading web tools from sites - only download from trusted sites such as CNET (this site has helpful software and apps reviews).