I've been writing a lot of business-focused articles lately and recently wrote about the importance of public relations (PR) and how it can make or break a company. I started to think about long-range planning, and how most companies wait until it's too late to make a promotional/marketing plan.
Here are some easy promotional tips that will boost your publicity BEFORE you ring in the New Year. As health/wellness practitioners, the New Year is infamous for resolutions, especially when it comes to health. This is a great time to plant the seed in clients' brains right NOW.
- Offer discounted prices for services and products for a limited time beginning January 1
- Prepare now! Plan a free demo class/seminar in January that highlights your products and services. Include other holistic/wellness practitioners that complement your business. People are motivated to make health changes when the New Year hits, so don't wait too long.
- If you send out a holiday newsletter or cards, include a promotional deal to "thank" your clients for their continued support and business (i.e. "2 for 1" massages).
Another great way to gauge your publicity/marketing is to survey existing clients - even if it's a short 5 question survey. Find out what your customers/clients really want in 2010. Maybe you need to move in a completely different direction. Don't allow the economy to scare you off from looking at all angles of your business. Ask yourself the following questions:
- How was I successful this year?
- What marketing and publicity goals worked well this year? What didn't work well?
- What changes can I make to improve my overall marketing and publicity? (Have you been avoiding setting up a website? 2010 is the year to create that site!)