Monday, August 13, 2012

Why Every Writer Needs a Good Editor

Happy August! I just wanted to share my latest article that is featured on Women on Writing. I tackle the subject of book editing and writing for their DIY Self-Publishing Guide this month. I had the privilege of interviewing seasoned editors, Susan Malone and Karen Elliott. 

My article gives an in-the-trenches look at book editing, and the ladies share great advice on everything from how to choose an editor to how to beat writer's block. 

If you need more information about editing and writing, check out their helpful tips and resources detailed on their websites: 



A huge thanks to Karen and Susan for their interviews. Check out the other fantastic articles featured on WoW this month. Lots of great information for women about writing, self-publishing, how to market your self-published book, etc. 























2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your article on Wow. And thank you for the opportunity, Therese. This interview was fun (and tough!). I love reading perspectives from other editors and proofreaders. We can all learn from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the fantastic interview, Karen. I appreciate your contribution. You and Susan shared awesome "in-the-trenches" tips and I know the WoW readers/writers will glean a lot of information from your professional expertise and advice. I definitely agree - it's all about learning from each other and lifting each other up as women.

    ReplyDelete

Therese Pope, Copywriter/Content Developer & Digital Buzz-icist

Content Writing & Marketing Tips ** Online Buzz Branding

** Digital & Social Media Strategies