In my last post, I showed you how to plan your social media calendar and mentioned the importance of automating your social media accounts.
Social automation software saves you time so you don't have to log into multiple accounts on a daily basis. The software allows you to log into one software program to manage multiple social media accounts at once - it's that easy!
Here are 5 easy steps to get you started with your social media automation:
1. If you don't have Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, sign up for them first and make sure to fill out your profiles accordingly (include company logos, your photo, etc.) Make sure to create a company Fan page in Facebook.
2. Choose an easy-to-use automation software such as HootSuite, Postling or choose from this comprehensive list. Research and reviews about the software before you download it. Check out CNET for more information about the best social automation software out there right now.
3. Choose a social automation software and download the software onto your computer. Make sure the software is a good fit for you and your company - understand how the software works before you download it.
4. After downloading the software, set up your account and create your profile. Make sure you read through the Help Section so you understand how the technical aspects work. Social automation software is user friendly - if you can navigate through your social media accounts, you will be able to handle automation software.
5. Be prepared to link your social media accounts' passwords to your automation software - you will need your passwords in order to sync your social media accounts to the automation software.
That's it! Now you don't have any excuses to use social media more efficiently. Social media automation saves you a lot of time and it's easy to log into one program where you can do everything at once - from writing blog posts to creating tweets. The software also allows you to read and reply to followers' comments and posts.
Now it's time to take all the tips I shared in my series, How to Create Your 2011 Social Media Calendar, and create a winning, strategic social media calendar for 2011.
- Who is/are your target markets?
- What are key milestones/events coming up for your company/business?
- Keep track of your industry's latest trends and news.
- Create a master calendar spreadsheet for your social media updates and blog.
- Be consistent with your social media marketing - don't slack off with your calendar.
And...Use social media automation software and you'll add hours to your busy schedule!